How to install steps Odoo on a Linux-based system installation?
Let's look at how to install the Odoo platform on your systems now that we've covered the hosting parts of Odoo.
Odoo on a Linux-based system installation
Odoo ERP can be utilized on Linux if it has been successfully implemented. There are two ways to accomplish this. The first method is to download and install the .ded file from the website, followed by further configuration to make it operational. Another option is to use the command-line installation method, which we shall cover next. Following these procedures in the Ubuntu system will allow you to complete the task quickly:
1) Install the most recent version of the server and system
• sudo apt-get update
• sudo apt-get upgrade
2) Set up a server for your business:
• sudo apt-get install openssh-server fail2ban
3) Create an Odoo user:
• sudo adduser --system --home=/opt/odoo --group odoo
4) Following that, we must configure PostgreSQL. The procedure is as follows:
a. Run the following command to install Postgres:
• sudo apt-get install postgres
b. To construct and manage the Odoo database, upgrade to a Postgres version higher than 9.6:
• sudo su – postgres
c. Next, create an Odoo 14.0 user as follows:
• createuser --createdb --username postgres --no-createrole --no-superuser --pwprompt odoo14
d. Make the user a superuser in order to give them greater optional privileges:
• ALTER USER odoo14 WITH SUPERUSER;
e. Use the following commands to exit psql and postgres:
5) Follow these procedures to install the Odoo dependencies:
a. Run the following command to install pip3:
• sudo apt-get install -y python3-pip
b. Install the required libraries and packages:
• sudo apt-get install python-dev python3-dev libxml2-dev libxslt1-dev zlib1g-dev
• libsasl2-dev libldap2-dev build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev libmysqlclient-dev
• libjpeg-dev libpq-dev libjpeg8-dev liblcms2-dev libblas-dev libatlas-base-dev
c. Verify the installation along with the new dependencies:
• sudo apt-get install -y npm
• sudo ln -s /usr/bin/nodejs /usr/bin/node
• sudo npm install -g less less-plugin-clean-css
• sudo apt-get install -y node-less
6) The following step is to clone GitHub. The procedure is as follows:
a. GitHub must first be installed on the server in order to enable cloning:
• sudo apt-get install git
b. Prior to cloning, change the system user to odoo to make it more secure:
• sudo su - odoo -s /bin/bash
c. Clone from the repository and the branch it belongs to:
• git clone https://www.github.com/odoo --depth 1 --branch 14.0 –single-branch
d. Exit the programme and proceed with the installation:
7) Install the Python packages you'll need by following these steps:
a. Using pip3, install the Python packages and libraries:
• sudo pip3 install -r /opt/odoo/requirements.txt
8) Set up Odoo and its services in the following way:
a. In the Odoo programme, a configuration file will be created automatically. As seen in the following code, this will be downloaded and copied to a new configuration folder:
• sudo cp /opt/odoo/debian/odoo.conf /etc/odoo.conf
b. Provide the following information about the file:
• sudo nano /etc/odoo.conf
c. Update the configuration file, as follows:
; This is the password that allows database operations:
• admin_passwd = admin
• db_host = False
• db_port = False
• db_user = odoo14
• db_password = False
• addons_path = /opt/odoo/odoo/addons
• logfile = /var/log/odoo/odoo.log
d. Set up access rights to the files:
• sudo chown odoo: /etc/odoo.conf
• sudo chmod 640 /etc/odoo.conf
e. In Odoo, make a log directory:
• sudo mkdir /var/log/odoo
f. Set Odoo's user permission inside the directory:
• sudo chown odoo:root /var/log/odoo
g. Configure Odoo's services:
• sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/odoo.service
h. Place the following snippet inside the file:
# Ubuntu/Debian convention:
• ExecStart=/opt/odoo/odoo/odoo-bin -c /etc/odoo.conf
i. Set up a root user for the file:
• sudo chmod 755 /etc/systemd/system/odoo.service
• sudo chown root: /etc/systemd/system/odoo.service
9) To use Odoo, complete these steps:
a. Run the following command to launch the Odoo platform:
• sudo systemctl start odoo.service
b. Use the following command to check the platform's status:
• sudo systemctl status odoo.service
• If active use the following URL to enter the platform.
c. Run the following command to inspect the log file:
• sudo tail -f /var/log/odoo/odoo.log
d. If you want the Odoo services to start automatically when the machine boots up, type the following command:
• sudo systemctl enable odoo.service
Key features of Odoo ERP
Odoo is one of the most modern ERPs on the market today, and it is capable of efficiently executing any business process within the platform. The following are some of the platform's primary features:
• It features advanced customization capabilities, allowing it to work in a variety of business environments.
• It provides a single platform for managing all business processes.
• It features a modular design with designated operations application modules.
• Its ability to integrate allows it to work with advanced applications and devices like IoT and bio metrics.
• For efficient operation, it employs centralized inventory management and database operations, as well as secure data transfers.
• Drop shipping, cross-docking, data reconciliation, lead enrichment, and other advanced operational tools are available.
• It manages your company's field service operations with the help of a field service module.
• It manages your fleet of vehicles with the use of a fleet management tool.
• It includes an HR management form for hiring staff and paying their wages.
• It uses a project module to manage your company's specialized operations.
• It employs a manufacturing and repair module to handle all aspects of production.
• It provides advanced reporting features on each of the operational modules, allowing for quick and accurate analytical and quantitative reporting on a variety of topics.
• It's a well-designed Odoo website builder.
• From Odoo 14 onwards, a data cleansing application is provided.
• It provides breadcrumb-based operations as well as detailed information on all aspects of operations.
Odoo has a lot of advantages
As discussed in the previous section,Odoo ERP Implementation includes a number of advanced capabilities. Additionally, there are a number of extra advantages to utilising Odoo for users. Here are a few examples:
• The user can rewrite the code and extend the platform's operations to new levels of company functioning thanks to the extensible architecture.
• ERPs are expensive; however, the Odoo Community Edition is available for free, albeit with restricted capabilities, and gives consumers a glimpse into how the platform works.
• Furthermore, the Enterprise Edition offers a lower licence charge than its competitors and comes with a lot of features.
• The open source platform makes the source code accessible to anyone, allowing users to make changes to the code as needed.
• It comes in two flavors: the Community Edition, which has limited features and customization possibilities, and the Enterprise Edition, which has a wide range of features and capabilities as well as full customization options.
• A secure operating system allows users to keep their data safe, protect secret and in-house data, and much more.
• The Odoo studio tool assists users in developing and modifying apps to meet operational requirements.